Whether it be Braille, sign language or something else, Atlas Translations can support your requirements.
Services for the Deaf and hard of hearing – BSL, SSE & More
- British Sign Language (BSL)
- Sign Supported English (SSE)
- Palantype – speech to text, but with the recorder typing in shorthand and the system converting it to English on a screen
- Speech to Text – where a recorder simply types what is being said and your twinned screen shows the words
- Lipspeaking – for our lipreading clients, where a team member accompanies you and mouths what is said
Services for the Blind and partially sighted – Braille & Reading onto Tape
- Braille services – transcribing labels, letters, books, restaurant menus, pictures, diagrams and course notes (including mathematic studies to degree-level), in any one of 20 languages. Documents produced can be created in single or double-sided form and bound or covered.
- Recording onto tape – which of course means any audio record of an event or meeting to CD/MP3, tape or other audio format.
Translation and interpretation services at Atlas are not limited to the written and spoken word. We can also provide language support for the Blind and partially sighted with Braille and reading to tape. Also to the Deaf and hard of hearing with sign language (BSL) and other visual communication services. This way you can be sitting in hospital listening to a doctor’s prognosis, in court giving testimony, at a meeting or in the theatre, and you will not miss a thing.
So no matter what your preference, we will make sure that you understand what is being said. Note that those qualified to offer these services are few in number, and in demand, so we do recommend that you book well in advance. Get more information using the Chat box here on our website, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01727 812 725.