Useful information for freelance translators and linguists wanting to work with Atlas Translations. We are accepting new applications during the COVID 19 pandemic and ask that you read all our advice in the careers section for working with us.
Freelance translators need to visit the supplier section of our website for a link to our application form. Please note that we do not accept CVs by email.
Translators who take part in translation projects under ISO 17100:2015 must demonstrate the professional competencies specified in the standard by meeting at least one of the three requirements below:
- advanced translation studies (recognised qualification) plus a minimum of two years’ documented experience in translation
- equivalent qualification in another specialisation plus a minimum of three years’ documented experience in translation
- at least five years’ of documented professional experience in translation.
Interpreters must demonstrate the professional competencies by meeting at least one of the three requirements below:
- Advanced interpreting studies (recognised qualification) plus a minimum of two years’ documented experience as an interpreter
- Equivalent qualification in another specialisation plus a minimum of three years’ documented experience as an interpreter
- At least five years’ documented professional experience as an interpreter.
If you are applying to offer any other service, we will need evidence of proven experience in this area, backed up with referees who we can contact for written references.
If you are not sure whether to apply, we suggest you telephone us to discuss, or use the Live Chat box on the website to chat with a real member of our team.
Here are some tips to help you when applying:
- Have your CV to hand to copy and paste relevant information
- Give as much information as possible – searches are based on a number of different criteria so tell us as much as you can
- Make a note of your password so you can log in at any time to update your record
- Set your own rates – per 1000 source words for translation – but if you do not have a half-day / full-day rate please just put a ‘0’ in that field
- Supply details of three recent examples of relevant work – how many words, client name, date work carried out
- Provide referees and their contact details and email, who we will contact in writing
- Only click on the relevant buttons, because if you hit the ‘enter’ key on your keyboard you will be taken back to the start screen
- You will not be able to submit your application unless every mandatory question has been answered and your CV has been uploaded
- Incomplete forms will be rejected
- When you have finished, remember to press SUBMIT.
We hope that we will work together in the future. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of submitting your application you are welcome to contact us for an update.