For the link to our application form, freelance translators and interpreters need to head back to the ‘Work with us’ page and click on ‘Work for us as a freelance supplier’. Please note that we do not accept CVs by email.
We are always looking for those with the right skills to join our friendly team. Some languages are in more demand than others, so it’s always worth ringing us – or getting in touch using the livechat – so we can discuss your language pairing.
Translators who take part in translation projects under ISO 17100:2015 must demonstrate the professional competencies specified in the standard by meeting at least one of the three requirements below:
- Advanced translation studies (recognised qualification) plus a minimum of two years of
documented experience in translation
- Equivalent qualification in another specialisation plus a minimum of three years’ documented experience in translation
- At least five years’ of documented professional experience in translation.
Interpreters must demonstrate the professional competencies by meeting at least one of the three requirements below:
- Advanced interpreting studies (recognised qualification) plus a minimum of two years of documented experience as an interpreter
- Equivalent qualification in another specialisation plus a minimum of three years’ documented experience as an interpreter
- At least five years’ documented professional experience as an interpreter.
In order to receive the password, you’ll need to get in touch with us first so that we can have a chat about your experience, specialisms, language pairing and rates. We believe transparent communication from day one helps us to build and maintain strong relationships with our suppliers and produce high-quality results every time.
Where possible, we like to be able to pay your going rate, which will naturally vary from person to person, and language to language. The best thing is to have a chat with us first to see if we align with one another.
Here are some tips to help you when applying
- Have your CV to hand to copy and paste relevant information
- Give as much information as possible – searches are based on a number of different criteria so tell us as much as you can
- Make a note of your password so you can log in at any time to update your record
- Set your own rates – per 1000 source words for translation – but if you do not have a half-day / full-day rate please just put a ‘0’ in that field
- Supply details of three recent examples of relevant work – how many words, client name, date work carried out
- Provide referees and their contact details and email, who we will contact in writing
- You will not be able to submit your application unless every mandatory question has been answered and your CV has been uploaded
- Incomplete forms will be rejected
- When you have finished, remember to press SUBMIT
Only click on the relevant buttons, because if you hit the ‘enter’ key on your keyboard you will be taken back to the start screen
We hope that we will work together in the future. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of submitting your application, you are welcome to contact us for an update.
Meanwhile we invite you to follow us on LinkedIn and read our latest blogs. You can also find us on Facebook and Instagram – or at the end of a phone!
The translator did an impeccable job. The translation notes were not only helpful but showed a tremendous dedication to the task and outstanding professionalism all around. A very special thank you to Atlas.
I was particularly impressed with the speed in which you turned the work around, and the quality of the work was excellent. Many thanks. It was a pleasure working with you.
Atlas have been translating (policy documents) for us into several languages since 2004. They are friendly and efficient and have always provided accurate and cost-effective translations well within the agreed deadlines.
Atlas provided another high-quality French translation of one of our policy briefs. They respond quickly to our needs and delivered a document that we were confident to send straight to printing and distribution. We’re happy to include Atlas as one of our trusted partners.
What an excellent and prompt service! Thank you very much for the extremely fast turnaround and efficient service.