Clare Suttie, director at Atlas Translations, ran a webinar in August in partnership with eCPD Webinars. eCPD offers high-quality online training and online webinars to help translators, interpreters and other professional linguists develop their careers and run their businesses efficiently and profitably.
The webinar was “Learn to love your agencies!” We know it may be ambitious to love all of them…but most translation agencies work very hard, and are staffed by lovely (and professional) people. The aim of this webinar was to see the translation and interpreting industry through an agency’s eyes, and learn how to develop a successful, rewarding and enjoyable working relationship with an agency.
• Choosing your agencies and getting ready
• First approach to a translation agency
• The tricky subject of rates
• When will I get work from a translation agency?
• Should I ask questions – does that look bad?
• Staying in touch – ideas for communication
• How to make your translation agency love you and be one of their star suppliers
We believe that there is a place for (good) agencies, and they can provide a great source of interesting and rewarding work for their suppliers, to everyone’s benefit.
The webinar was heavily oversubscribed, so we ran a second one to cope with demand! Feedback has been very positive and there were questions aplenty.
If you have ideas for future webinars for translators and interpreters, drop Atlas a line and let us know!