We are hiring – PROJECT MANAGER – MATERNITY COVER – 12 MONTH FIXED TEMPORARY CONTRACT – 2021/22 – FULL TIME, OFFICE-BASED
We are centrally situated in St Albans town centre and the office is small and busy. Everyone works together as a team to achieve personal and team goals. The telephone is an important tool for us, and we spend a lot of time dealing with e-mail. Our core office hours are 8.45am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, we finish at 5pm on Fridays. All full-time staff are entitled to one hour for a lunch break. Once trained up, there is an opportunity for home-working one day each week.
Our Project Managers are fast working, organised, efficient, computer-literate, and are able to multi-task and communicate well confidently and clearly – via emails, phone and in person.
This position is to provide maternity cover for one of our permanent Project Managers for a 12 month period
We think that working at Atlas Translations is interesting, rewarding and enjoyable. You would be dealing with a variety of projects – written translations, interpreting assignments, voice-over recordings, subtitling, and more. Every client is different, no day is the same.
What do we offer YOU?
Childcare vouchers, NEST pension, bottomless tea and coffee at the office, paid holiday and bank holidays are standard. We do not require any overtime and believe in a good work/other life balance. There is a monthly bonus scheme based on office turnover. A second bonus is paid based on individual projects. Starting salary £21000 pa, plus bonuses. Last date to apply: Friday 05 November 2021.
Starting date November/December 2021 to be agreed.
How to apply
Contact Clare Suttie. Make your application stand out, make it personal, no standard application templates please firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager duties include
- Following all ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 Quality Assurance procedures as laid out in Atlas Translations’ QA manuals and staff handbook, and ensuring that other staff follow these procedures. The manual and procedures are updated from time to time.
- Using Atlas’ bespoke Project Management software to prepare quotes for clients and find appropriate freelance suppliers for projects.
- Agreeing prices and deadlines with clients, then managing projects efficiently and effectively from start to finish.
- Sending suppliers purchase orders stating agreed rates and deadlines.
- Ensuring projects are quality checked to comply with our ISO 9001 standards, and delivered to deadline.
- Signing off jobs upon completion so that suppliers are able to submit their invoices.
- Evaluating and rating suppliers on the completion of an assignment, and assessing whether a supplier should be considered for removal from the database, and acting as necessary.
- Managing and developing relationships and expectations with new and existing clients to ensure new business and repeat custom.
- Handling queries and complaints professionally and diligently, with an overall aim to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- Keeping all records up-to-date, for clients and suppliers.
- Actively marketing and promoting the services of Atlas Translations.
- Helping to draft and prepare tender documentation.
- Receiving and sending emails in Microsoft Outlook quickly and efficiently.
- Careful time management and diary-keeping.
- Handling some accounts enquiries and basic accounting functions.
- Liaising with the team regarding accounting queries.
- Visiting existing and prospective clients on behalf of Atlas.
- Attending Atlas Supplier Open Days to consolidate working relationships with existing suppliers, and forge relationships with new ones.
- Attending networking events and being proactive in marketing opportunities.
- Attending internal meetings and acting on decisions made.
- Informing the Director/Manager immediately of any problems or complaints as soon as they arise.
- Attending business exhibitions with other team members to enhance the profile of Atlas Translations.
- Contributing articles to our regular blog.
- Helping with recruitment, training and instruction of new employees and graduate placement students.
- General office maintenance – ensuring a tidy office.
- Overseeing the network – ensuring that documents are saved in the appropriate place and ensuring that your own folders are organised.
- Ensuring that only authorised software is downloaded on to pcs, and abiding by our internet/e-mail policy.
- Assisting and supporting other staff with their duties.
- Dealing with complex queries on the telephone, in writing and in person.
- Suggesting and implementing new systems and procedures.
- Ensuring that the most economical suppliers are used, to safeguard an acceptable profit margin.
- Keeping records of training courses.
- Undertaking other tasks as might reasonably be expected of a Project Manager.