Happy birthday to Atlas Translations!
Yes, 28 years, millions and millions of words translated, countless hours of interpreting, voiceovers, subtitles…
Time whizzes by and it’s hard to keep track of everything we have achieved since 1991!
That’s when we started, as a small translations agency in a tiny room above a bank in Cambridge in 1991. Hard to believe that we were delivering leaflets door to door by bicycle to advertise our translation agency services. In 1995 new offices opened in London’s Covent Garden which became our HQ until we moved out of ‘The Big Smoke’ to the more serene environments of St Albans and Exeter.
Along the way we backed up our fast, efficient and friendly service with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100 specifically for translation work. Guaranteed, certified, and delivered fast, with a smile.
As we grew, we received requests for much more than translation so evolved from a company that simply offered interpretation and translation to one that today provides a full mix of language services to include:
- Personal translation services for certificates, CVs, diplomas and legal documents.
- 24-hour telephone interpreting for anyone, anywhere in the world who needs to be understood
- Legal aid translation
- Layout and typesetting services to ensure that your brochures and marketing materials are finished off with flair
- Subtitling, voice-overs, production and studio time
- Localisation and transcreation services to help you expand into new overseas markets
- More than 340 languages
- Specialist industry expertise.
And to assure our loyal clients we hold:
- BS EN ISO 9001:2015 (certified since 2003).
- ISO 17100:2015 for Translation Services (since this standard began in 2008).
- Corporate membership of ITI (the Institute of Translation and Interpreting) since 1994.
- Corporate membership of the SfEP (Society for Editors and Proofreaders) since 1993.
- Full membership of the ATC (Association of Translation Companies).
Atlas Translations is here to support all your language and communication needs. No matter who you are, where you are and what those needs may be.
So Happy Birthday to us – here’s to the next 28 years!